16.3.10

Show? Yeah.

I have a show next week; how do these things happen to me, I don't even go searching for opportunities (which I should be if I want to "succeeeeeed."

That ugly horrible painting I finished last week is going up, and if my prof is nice, maybe I can get that 3X3 Embrangled hair piece up too. Well, the more I look at it, the less I like the door, but that can be fixed up since I no longer have a requirement to use an acrylic transfer.

Stretched a canvas today, I really enjoyed just doing something with precision, despite my usual character. It's nice to sometimes not have to do pictorial problem solving, to just be satisfied with having a taut, straight painting surface with cleanly folded corners.

EDIT: Whoops, the show is going to be at the Gales Gallery in ACW at York. It's really for graduating painting students, but since Yam is course director for the painting division, he gets a say on what gets to go up. I have misgivings with having my canvas up beside other kids who have had three more years of university experience, but I guess I can't live life by not being courageous somehow.

No comments: